A Day in the Life


Monday, September 16, 2013

6 a.m. An alarm went off. It wasn’t mine but I was wide awake so I got up a half an hour early. 

Started to get ready for the day. 

6:30 a.m. Little A and Little O woke up and started to play in the playroom. 

7 a.m. Little E woke up. I nursed her. My husband fixed breakfast for the older two. We continued to get ready to head out.

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

I ate my favorite homemade granola and organic vanilla yogurt with a cup of coffee for breakfast.

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

9:00 a.m. Move and Groove class. It’s the first one of the school year and my kiddos are so excited! All 3 had a blast. It was fun to see Little E play with all the instruments, bean bags and scarves for the first time.

10:00 a.m. Home again. Trying to squeeze in diaper changes and folding laundry before company comes over.

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

I usually throw the loads of laundry on my bed and then try to fold it throughout the day. That way we have to fold it before getting in bed at night! Laundry today is a load of darks, towels and diapers later on.

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

10:30 a.m. Play date at our house. Our cousins brought over Jack the horse. Yeehaw!

11:30 a.m. My husband comes up for lunch. He works at home in the basement so we’re pretty lucky to have him here during lunchtime. I swear I wouldn’t get to eat if I didn’t have his help making the food. Blogger fail though…I forgot to take a picture of our lunch!

A quick selfie. This is what I look like today.

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

1:00 p.m. Nap time! Little E fell asleep first. I sat on the floor in the bedroom while the older two fell asleep. It works best if I’m in there with them. Otherwise they keep each other awake. All 3 slept today!! At the same time!! That doesn’t happen a lot lately.

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

1:30 p.m. Blog time. Working on my See Jane Run Half Marathon Recap.

3:00 p.m. Little A woke up first. Followed quickly by Little O and Little E. Nurse, change diapers and some playtime. 

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

Cloth diapers have been the best investment for us. Most of them have lasted through all three children. They’ve more than paid for themselves already.

4:30 p.m. Dinosaur Train on Netflix while I foam roll (I’m sore after my half marathon on Saturday!!) and Kara Goucher’s Nike Training Club Stretching Routine. Little E plays with toys while I’m stretching.

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

5:00 p.m. Throw a butternut squash in the oven for dinner and head out for a walk to the mail box. It’s a beautiful 75 degrees out this afternoon!

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

5:30 p.m. Put a load of diapers in the wash and play time until dinner.

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

Daddy comes up for the night. Little E is happy to see him!

6:30 p.m. Dinner. Quick, easy and delicious. My husband warmed everything up and we all sat down to eat. Leftover Smoked brisket, peas, pesto and brown rice, butternut squash and sunflower crunch salad. 

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

We introduced butternut squash to Little E tonight. She loves her cereal (top picture) but wasn’t quite so sure of the squash (bottom picture). 

7:00 p.m. Start to get Little E ready for bed. Nurse her, snuggle for a bit. Lay her down. Fold and put away more laundry.

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

It’s a dark photo because my 6 month old is asleep in the same room. She still sleeps in her bassinet. 

8:00 p.m. Story time and rub Little O and Little A’s back while they fall asleep.

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

8:40 p.m. Time on the computer. Change diaper load. Getting ready for bed.

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

10:00 Bedtime!

Not included: many diaper changes, 2 potty accident clean ups and several nursing times throughout the day.

I’ll leave you with one of the best selfies ever. I caught him doing this today and I don’t even take that many selfies at all! So funny!

A Day in the Life | A Mother's Pace

What did you do on Monday?

Today I’m linking up with Jill and Angela for A Day In the Life and Jenn for WIAW


Staying at home with kids sounds easy, right? Life with 3 little ones is busier than I imagined. I don’t write every day on the blog but I do update Facebook, Twitter and Instagram more often. 

Find A Mother’s Pace on…

Twitter @amotherspace3

Facebook amotherspace3

Instagram amotherspace

Pinterest amotherspace

Bloglovin’ A Mother’s Pace

RSS amotherspace


  1. Jill Conyers says:

    I love seeing a glimpse of your very busy life! Thanks for joining :)

  2. MCM Mama says:

    My husband works from home in the basement too. I thought I'd hate it when he made the change, but I love that there's basically always someone home. (And I do the same thing with laundry on the bed, but sometimes my husband just crawls into bed under it…)
    My recent post A day in the life of MCM Mama

  3. AmyC says:

    You are doing great for having your hands so full!
    My recent post A Day in the Life: What I do Besides Run

  4. Kristina Walters says:

    How sweet and busy! I miss those days when my boys were that small. Great post!
    My recent post A Day In The Life of An Engineering Estimator

    • AMothersPace3 says:

      Time does go by so quickly, doesn't it? I'm already thinking that and my oldest only turns four in a little over a week! Thanks for visiting!

  5. misszippy1 says:

    Wow–you have your hands VERY full with three little ones like that! I am sure you are exhausted by day's end. You're doing a great job!

  6. mommyrunfaster says:

    Your kids are adorable! I love that last selfie. :) We LOVE cloth diapers, too. And isn't it so nice to have your spouse work from home? Mine just started doing 2 days from home- it makes the days away so much more bearable!
    My recent post A day in the Life

    • AMothersPace3 says:

      Thank you, Laura! Sometimes I love having my phone with me all the time to capture the moments like that last selfie. If I had to dig around for my camera there is no way I would have caught it. I love having my husband here all the time. There are so many benefits and we get to see him so much more because he doesn't have a commute. I'm always amazed by how he can stay focused for the whole day every day. :) I'm glad that you get to see your husband a bit more a couple of days a week!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge