Motivation and a Stroller Run

One of the best things to come out of blogging is support from other people.

I was having a low motivation day and decided to post something on facebook.

Motivation and a Stroller Run | A Mother's Pace

It definitely helped motivate me when I heard encouraging words from other people.

I hopped on the treadmill and ended up having a great run that made me feel like I had even more energy. Although I will admit that it quickly faded after dinner and a glass of wine. I almost fell asleep reading a book to the kids at bedtime!

I had 3 miles easy plus strides on my training plan. The kids and I went downstairs. They played.

Motivation and a Stroller Run | A Mother's Pace

And I ran. I used my treadmill pace conversion chart again to help me figure out the speed I wanted to run.

Motivation and a Stroller Run | A Mother's Pace

I started out at 5.6 (10:43 pace) and added .1 every half mile. By the end of my 3 miles I was running at 6.1 (9:50 pace).

Then the strides started. Mentally I told my self that I can do this. I wanted my strides to be at 7.0 (8:34 pace) which is very fast for me. It was tough but I kept telling myself that I can do it. Believe. And, it worked. I did 5 .10 strides with recovery for .10 at 6.0 speed in between.

Motivation and a Stroller Run | A Mother's Pace

4 miles in 40 minutes. Not bad for an ‘easy’ run.

And afterwards I felt great! A big thank you to everyone who took a second to throw a little encouragement my way. It really worked!

Motivation and a Stroller Run | A Mother's Pace

School started for this little guy this week. He is doing great and loving every minute of it.

Motivation and a Stroller Run | A Mother's Pace

I’m adjusting to having only 2 kids at home and even taking advantage of it. Thursday we dropped Little O off at school and then headed to the park.

It was my first time with two kids in the jogging stroller and we all had fun. I’m so glad that it is cool enough in the morning to get out and enjoy a run together.

Motivation and a Stroller Run | A Mother's Pace

3 miles at a 10:40 pace with about 50+ extra pounds. I’m hoping to make this a regular thing for the girls and I.

Does social media ever motivate you to exercise? Do you run with a jogging stroller?

Today I’m linking up with Jill Conyers for Fitness Friday.

——————————————

Staying at home with kids sounds easy, right? Life with 3 little ones is busier than I imagined. I don’t write every day on the blog but I do update Facebook, Twitter and Instagram more often.

1. pattyzgordon says:

I get my first jogging stroller on the 10th. I've been running with a double Sit N Stand stroller with my 3 year old and my 9 month old which I think adds probably 100 extra pounds to my workout. I'm hoping the jogging stroller will cut down a little bit of that weight but more importantly, strap my 3 year old in so that she doesn't “toss her weight around” when I'm on a walk or run.

I wonder what types people use…I bought the InStep Grand Safari Swivel Wheel Double Jogger, Yellow/Gray because it was on sale.

Wow! I can't believe you were running with a sit n stand! The jogging stroller will definitely be so much easier (and more comfortable for your 3 year old)!

I recently bought a Baby Trend double from a garage sale. I've only taken it running with two kids once and one kid once but we use it all the time for neighborhood walks, zoo trips, you name it. You'll love your jogger!!

2. OneMotherofaDay says:

I'm so glad that you decided to get into a few miles! Great job on the stroller run and you were pushing 2 kids!! Amazing! I know when I take my son on a run, it always feels twice as hard. The most I have gone is 6 miles while pushing a jogging stroller. In the last 4 weeks or so I have taken my son with me 3 times.
    For the comment above: I have a baby trend jogging stroller. I have had it for a little over a year and use it every single day and it still does its job!
    My recent post Monday Food Prep Week of 9/1-9/6/13 + Whole30 Round 2

Thanks for your encouragement, Lindsey! :) 6 miles is amazing! I'm hoping to work up to that. Right now I think 3 is my limit. I have a Baby Trend stroller too! It's a no frills version but it works well.

3. The Healthy Maven says:

Such cuties!!! I love our FitFam. Anytime I'm having a hard day I know I can turn to other bloggers to help get me through it. I am incredbily grateful for this wonderful community. You included!
    My recent post Friday Fitness: 5 Tips to Getting Active

Thank you!! It's wonderful to get support from people who understand. It is an amazing community and I'm so glad to have connected with you and so many others.

4. OneMotherofaDay says:

Hi again Angie!! I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Sunshine Award!! http://onemotherofaday.wordpress.com/2013/09/06/a…
    My recent post A Ray of Sunshine!!

5. jillconyers says:

One of the reasons I love social media is the support and encouragement! Especially from the running community. Thanks for the link to the TM conversion chart!
    My recent post The Scoop On the Different Types of Protein Powders

The social media aspect is not the reason I started my blog but it is probably one of my favorite things about having one. It's fun to connect with other people all over the country/world.

You're welcome for the chart. I have a bare bones treadmill so I use it all the time.