Drinks and Dessert

As it turns out, a holiday week isn’t such a great week to take photos of food. I evidently like to take pictures of drinks and dessert instead.

[beer]
This holiday brew from Magic Hat is pretty tasty.

Drinks and Dessert | A Mother's Pace

[coffee]
I’m loving my new coffee cup that my kiddos gave me for Christmas. Go Cubbies!

Drinks and Dessert | A Mother's Pace

[tea]
A warm pot of tea in the afternoon is my beverage of choice lately. My husband (he works from home) and I have been sipping on a mug of hot tea throughout the midday hours lately.

Drinks and Dessert | A Mother's Pace

[santa cookies]
Of course, I didn’t eat these…cough, cough…but I did eat a few other chocolate chip cookies from the batch.

Drinks and Dessert | A Mother's Pace

[pecan pie]
My favorite pie that my mom makes. So delicious!

Drinks and Dessert | A Mother's Pace

Our menu for next week:

[monday]
Ham with Pasta and Peas

[tuesday]
Carnitas (from the freezer, leftover from when my BIL made them over Thanksgiving…YUM!)

[wednesday]
Sweet potatoes with chili on top. Haven’t tried this yet? Do it, so good!

[thursday]
Chicken, Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans
I don’t follow the recipe in the link exactly. I’ve changed the potatoes to sweet potatoes, I use a lot less butter and I add my own spices instead of the packet. It’s really an easy and delicious meal.

[friday]
Sushi, Dinner Out! Our 5 year anniversary date!

[saturday]
Homemade Pizza Night

[sunday]
Minestrone Soup

Peas and Crayons

——————————-

1. mommyrunfaster says:

I love the Santa note! And congrats on 5 years. Mmm, sushi is the perfect way to celebrate. Chili on sweet potatoes- I'm sold!
    My recent post A lovely break + menu planning

Thank you. :) Five years has flown by!

The best part about the chili is that I make a batch and freeze it in small portions. When we need a quick meal I just defrost and top a baked potato with it.

2. sami says:

That's what the holidays have to offer. Lots of desserts and yummy warm drinks.
    Happy New Year!
    My recent post Get into the Spirit of Things with Low-Cal Cocktails

3. Nicki says:

G-thing is one of my favs. Tea, too. On cold days, I may make two or three pots.
    My recent post Meaningful Beauty -A Product Review

4. LilMysNinja says:

Oh my gosh! I was JUST talking about sweet potatoes with chili on top the other day!! I was telling my boyfriend how I heard they were good and that we should try them! We have a few in the pantry to be used, so this will be the perfect reason. :)
    My recent post Why I Shop My Local Farmers Market, the Haul + Meal Planning

How funny! I'm not sure why sweet potatoes are so much better with chili on top than regular potatoes. It's sooo good. Freeze any leftover chili in small batches and you have a super easy meal to defrost for another sweet potato on down the line.

5. Sarah says:

Mmm… Magic Hat! I didn't know they made a holiday brew. I'll have to see if our local fancy alcohol store carries it next year. I make a vegetarian chili with sweet potatoes that is excellent, so I bet your chili & sweet potato meal will be awesome. We're having sushi this week too — take-out for New Year's Eve at home. I decided if we're stuck home with little kids, we might as well eat something yummy!
    My recent post Menu plan, December 29-January 4

6. thehappymommyproject says:

Yum! I love some pecan pie
    My recent post What I Ate Wednesday 12 – On Weight Watchers