Snowed In!

We’re finally running out of some groceries. We’ve been snowed in all week. I literally have not left my house since last Sunday. Yes, that’s a whole week!

School was closed for three days and I could have gotten out on other days but I was happy to stay in our warm home. Dragging 3 children and myself out in the single digit weather just didn’t seem like a good idea. So we’ve stayed at home and had a wonderful week. It’s a good thing we were stocked up before the snow fell!

[fun]
We tried out snow ice cream this week. The kids love anything that you can put sprinkles on and I like anything with vanilla in it. So I knew this one was going to go over well! (To see gorgeous pictures and find the recipe, just click on the link above.)

Snowed In! | A Mother's Pace

[dinner]
This quinoa salad was delicious. This picture does not do it justice. Again, if you want to see beautiful pictures go over to Oh She Glows and check out the recipe too. So good!

Snowed In! | A Mother's Pace

[slow cooker]
My new slow cooker meal of the week was chicken and rice soup. The recipe was o.k. but it has great potential with the right spices. I’m not finished with this recipe yet.

Snowed In! | A Mother's Pace

[breakfast]
It’s no surprise that I had eggs for breakfast almost every day this week. Two fried eggs with a piece of toast has been my go-to breakfast lately. I need to make more granola soon!

Snowed In! | A Mother's Pace

[baby food]
Well, Little E grabbed my son’s peanut butter and honey tortilla when we weren’t looking and took a couple of bites. She’s 11 months old and we usually don’t give PB or honey until after the 12 month mark. She loved it and was pretty upset when we took it away so we compromised and gave her some PB on a tortilla. We’ll save the honey for later on.

Snowed In! | A Mother's Pace

And that brings us to next week. Here’s what we have planned for the week ahead.

[monday]
leftovers

[tuesday]
Tacos

[wednesday]
BBQ Slow Cooker Chicken

[thursday]
Salmon with roasted veggies

[friday]
Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

[saturday]
Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie

[sunday]
Pasta with brussels sprouts and salad

Have you made snow ice cream before?
Do you use a slow cooker?

——————————-

1. LilMysNinja says:

Funny thing is that all of my meals this week are in the slow cooker! I didn't plan for it to be that way, it just happened. :) Makes things so easy!
    My recent post Sunday Prep + Meal Planning

Yes, I love slow cooker meals. I just realized today that we don't have enough leftovers for dinner tonight so I threw together some split pea soup and plugged it in. So convenient!

2. mommyrunfaster says:

My mom was just saying she used to make snow ice cream with us, I'll have to try it with L! That is a long time to be snowed in… hope you get a little break from the house this week!
    My recent post My workout recap and the Menu Planning Link up

Definitely try the snow ice cream. The kids had so much fun making it. We just got 4.5 more inches of snow last night so we aren't going anywhere today but I'm looking forward to getting out tomorrow!

3. Tara Newman says:

I read this and I cringed. A week is a crazy long time. I am going to run outside this week if it kills me. I need off the treadmill.

It is a long time but we made it work. I can be a pretty serious home body if I want to. :) The t.v. is the only thing that keeps the treadmill bearable. I'm finally getting caught up with my Netflix queue!

4. Carla says:

We're doing our monthly family get together on Sunday and I've been wanting a good soup that I can cook in my slow cooker. Still trying to decide what that is but some of yours sound like a good idea.

Soup is one of my favorite things to cook in a slow cooker. I have split pea soup cooking away right now. Can't wait for dinner tonight. It's great for big groups of people too. Enjoy your family get together!

5. Janelle J says:

I've never heard of snow ice cream…sounds good to me! I can't imagine being snowed in for a full week…thankfully you didn't have any power problems! We had a lot of people lose power for several days after an ice storm ravaged the area.

A few years ago I lost power three days and it was so cold there is no way I could have stayed at home. So, I agree, I'm glad we have power and we are able to be safe and warm inside!

6. Tiffany says:

Oh I LOVE eggs and toast or eggs and grits! That's my go to breakfast as well if I'm not grabbing an Advo shake or bar if I'm in a hurry.
    My recent post My Top 3 Favorite Fit Apps for FREE

7. Clarinda says:

That chicken and rice soup looks delicious. I'll be waiting until you've perfected it to try it out, though. :-D
    My recent post 10 Things in Our Apt Which Needed to be Fixed

8. Yuliya says:

Wow! You have some great meals! That quinoa salad looks so good!
    My recent post Weekly Warp up: Learning letters

9. Bryanna says:

I love my slow cooker. Trying vegetable stew is great. I don't eat meat so I add a mix of soup beans in mine with potatoes and use a tomato juice base. YOu can add beef or chicken though. We eat off it for a couple days. So easy to make meals with the crockpot!! Love it!! I remember being snowed in when I was younger. We lost power to for nearly a week which made it interesting trying to cook. When you live out in the country you better have a generator to give you some power. my mom had to use our wood fireplace to cook some meals and we put the meat in the snow outside to keep in frozen. it was interesting. I love ice cream from snow. My dad would make it all the time.